For your stay to be valid in the United States, you need to apply for an ESTA. Here is a comprehensive, step by step process to apply for an ESTA.
Before delving into the process, here are some guidelines you need to follow before application:
- Applications should be submitted at least 72 hours before departure to the U.S. This means you need to allot a time to prepare for your ESTA. But do not risk applying on that 72-hour deadline. Make sure you apply a week ahead since there might be problems that you or their office might encounter.
- Denied ESTA applicants can still apply for a B2 Tourist Visa or B1 Business Visa. This does not revoke your eligibility for another ESTA application. You are then going to need to apply for a non-immigrant visa
- An approved ESTA can be withdrawn at any time. Officers in charge with prior notice can revoke admission to the U.S. ESTA.
The application for ESTA is made online. You need to prepare the following documents:
- Your biographic information, name, contact details, ID number, and so on
- Travel information
- Credit card information
As soon as you have them, visit this website. Answer the application truthfully. Any hint of falsified information may deny your ESTA request. The application has ten parts:
- Applicant’s Information
- Parents – Biological, Adoptive, Step Parent or Guardian
- Contact Information
- Passport Information
- Emergency Contact in or Outside the United States
- Travel Information
- Employment Information
- Traveler Information
- Waiver of Rights
- Terms & Conditions.
Once you have finished filling out the form, you are to check the Terms and Conditions below. Click, Review, and Confirm Data. Review your data thoroughly as it could be a problem if there are any discrepancies
Once that has been reviewed and confirmed, you are to proceed in the payment screen. Esta applications only accept modes of payment from these credit companies:
- Master Card
- American Express
- Discover (JCB, Diners Club)
If you did not make any payment, then you’re ESTA application will not be reviewed. You need to input your billing details before you can end. Make sure you have a steady connection when paying. After the payment screen, your application will be placed in “pending.” Hit Refresh after a few seconds or minutes to check if it gets “approved.” If it says ‘denied,’ then apply for a non-immigrant visa instead.
Staying in the United States require you to apply for an ESTA. Apply now, to have your stay or arrival in the States hassle-free.